Monday, February 6, 2012

Week 2 of my Druidry research: Druidry & Asatru Festivals

My Research Into Druidry - Week 2
Here is an update on my online course in Druidry I'm taking through the Black Mountain Druid Order. This week I studied the Druid high days, and here in my BLOG I list the corresponding Asatru holy days for those interested.
  1. Think about the ways nature inspires you. Are there certain seasons that give you more inspiration than others?

    My favorite season is fall. To me it signals the end of work for the year, and a time for celebration and reaping what I have sowed. It's a time when the heat of the summer cools down, the nights are clear and crisp and I can start to wind down.
     
  2. Is there a particular High Day that is your favorite?

    I'm very fond of of Yule, essentially because it's the one Holiday where all my family gathers, and it s a great time of warmth and love.
     
  3. How does this seasonal inspiration help you to celebrate nature?

    Fall signals an end to work, which is always welcome, but it also reminds me that there is a beginning and an end to all things. The flowers wont always be in bloom, nor will the trees always be green.
Spend the rest of this week studying the High Days of the Wheel of the Year. Find something that inspires you about each of the High Days.

Below is a list of the Druid High Days from the Black Mountain Druid Order Website. I've also listed the Corresponding Asatru Festivals for my Heathen friends. While they don't all line up exactly, it's interesting too see how much commonality there is!  


  
Druid High Day Common Pagan Name Asatru Festival Date

Alban Arthan
Yule
Yuletide

(Dec 21-30)
Winter Solstice

(Around Dec 21)

Imbolc (Oimelc)
Imbolc (Oimelc)
Charming of the Plow / Disting(around Feb 14'th)
February 1'st

Alban Eiler
Ostara
Ostara / Eostre
Vernal Equinox

(Around Mar 21'st)

Beltane
Beltane
Walburga /May
 May 1'st

Alban Heruin
Litha or Midsummer's Day
Midsummer
Summer Solstice

(Around June 21'st)

Lughnasadh
Lammas
n/a
August 1'st
n/a n/a
Freyfaxi/Thing's Tide
Around Aug 23'rd

Alban Elved
Mabon
Harvest
Autumnal Equinox


(around Sep 23'rd)
n/a n/a
Winter Nights
Oct 13-15

Samhain
Samhain October 31'st








Read more about Eoghan and his books at www.eoghanodinsson.com or click below to buy
specific books.




Save 25%!
Use Code: DLMW384R
Save 25%!
Use Code: DLMW384R

https://www.createspace.com/3711599

Save 25%
 Coming Spring 2012!


If you're not already signed up for my BLOG,

subscribe here and you'll be able to download a FREE eBook


Coming Spring 2012!


No comments:

Post a Comment